Oral powder electrolyte plus beneficial bacteria to rehydrate calves and re-establish beneficial bacteria in the gut.
When to use:
At the first sign of digestive upset in calves, lambs and piglets.
- Sodium chloride
- Potassium chloride
- Monopotassium phosphate and sodium phosphate
- Potassium citrate
- Calcium pantothenate (Vitamin B group)
- Calcium gluconate
- Magnesium sulphate
- Ascorbic acid (Vitamin C)
- Xanthan gum
- Beneficial bacteria
- Readily absorbed form of carbohydrate energy, assists the metabolism of fats.
- Restores electrolyte balance and maintains the osmotic tension of blood and tissues.
- Restores electrolyte balance and replaces potassium and chloride ions lost through diarrhoea.
- Buffering action against acidosis.
- Counteract acidosis and enhances the absorption of water in the small intestine.
- Coats the gut lining and facilitates sodium and water absorption.
- Has a soothing effect on the lining of the gut. Calcium is also an essential component of body tissues and blood.
- Reduces the effect of potassium deficiency on the muscle tissues.
- Used for upsets.
- Relieves the physical effects of stress.
- Produces a gelling effect to bind gut contents.
- The same beneficial bacteria that is in Protect. It re-establishes the beneficial bacteria in the gut which have been depleted by scour or antibiotic therapy leading to a better recovery.
Applications per pack:
12 per box, 50 per bucket or 40 per tub, full course for a calf is up to 4 applications.