Oral supplement providing high-level multi-strain probiotic bacteria to prevent diarrhoea in newborn calves.
When to use:
Give to new born calves at birth; bought-in calves; after digestive upset or after antibiotic therapy.
- The only licensed Probiotic
- Unique triple-strain 10 billion probiotic bacteria per course
- Produces bacteriocins in the gut
- Produces lactic acid
- Stimulates the immune system
- Faecal sampling showed a wide range of pathogens present during trials (E coli., salmonella, rotavirus, coronavirus and cryptosporidium)
- Re-establishes probiotic bacteria in the gut after antibiotic therapy
- Guaranteed efficacy, safety and quality.
- The high level of probiotics physically exclude harmful pathogens from attaching to the gut wall. Trials have shown an average reduction in calf scour of 83%.
- Natural antimicrobial substance which can kill harmful bacteria in the gut.
- Lower pH inhibits pathogens and improves digestion, trials have shown a 31% increase in growth rate.
- Treated calves taking part in the scour trials showed lower levels of pneumonia.
- This demonstrated Protect’s ability to protect calves against a wide range of pathogens therefore providing broad-spectrum scour prevention.
- By re-establishing probiotic bacteria after antibiotics the calf will recover quicker from a diarrhoea or pneumonia incident.
Prevention; 2 x 2.5 ml at birth / when brought on farm, 1 x 2.5 ml on day 2 and 3. At times of stress; 1 x 2.5 ml per day as required.
Doses per 100ml bottle:
10 x 10ml prevention doses or 40 x 2.5 ml individual doses.